The first Faithlegg National School was built in 1833 by Nicholas Power of Faithlegg House. It was situated at Faithlegg Bridge.
A new school was then built on the old road over the Minaun in 1878 and the children of the area were educated there until 1961 – when things took a giant leap forward and a school with two classrooms was built on the present site.
Faithlegg National School continued to grow and flourish with extensions built in 1987, 2009 and 2011. The latest two story extension finished in the summer of 2013.
The children of Faithlegg School now have a state of the art school thanks to the efforts of many, many people connected to the school over the years and to the support given by many people in the local and wider communities.
A special mention has to be given to the very strong and proactive various Parent Associations who have always worked tirelessly for the good of the school and most importantly, the children.